Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Little Devil

HAVE MERCY (as Nana would say) has it been a hard week. Banks has been quite the little - ahem - "devil child"

I know he looks so sweet and innocent here, but he's far from that - this week

He's - obviously - having some teething issues. It's so sad! :( Every night (this week) he's woken up screaming in hysterics. And NO, it's not the waking up like "OMG, I woke up and I will totally soothe myself back to sleep" scream. It's the "OMG, my mouth hurts so bad I am going to stand up against the crib and screech as loud as I can and throw up all over my hands and the rail of the crib and even the sound machine until someone hears me" scream. It's horrible. So, I do what any sane mother does - let him cry it out - HA - tried that!!! After almost 45 mins I pick him up and bring him in the bed with me (and Chuck) and let him sleep with us. Until of course, Banks needs much more room than a queen bed can handle with three people, and Chuck moves to the guest room. And everyone's happy! Until 5:30AM when little Devil rises again!

And to top it all off, we are moving into a townhouse on Wednesday. So, I have been packing lately and oh how fun it is with an 8 month old.
I suppose you are aware of "plumber butt", but have you heard of "moving man's butt"...


Every time I leave him in the house and go to the garage to get a box he starts crying, like "you aren't leaving me in here are you?" I have to admit, it's so cute that he wants me to be near him so bad that he cries when I go 30 feet.

Other than the craziness that's been the Hipsher house for the past week, Banks is our little explorer getting into every single thing possible - cabinets, shredders, door stoppers, guitars, flies that have ventured in the house, shoe strings, blinds, cell phones, diapers, Wii numchucks, etc.


AND, I think he's probably ready for the "big boy" bath at this point:

3 comments:

Alise Nettles said...

Kelly, you are right, it's the teeth! When Grady's top four teeth decided to come in around the same time we had over a week or so of him waking up screaming like that and he had to be held. Motrin helps. I also let him chew on an icy pop that is not opened. now that they are in, he's back to normal (so hopefully Banks he'll start sleeping through the night again soon). He also would go into what we call "teething frenzy" and bite as hard as he could on objects and scream like he was really mad at them. The teething is hard on them. Bad thing is, it will pass, but only to come again soon I'm sure!

Bagnulo said...

Oh the queen size bed---not enough room for sure!! We tried that as well with Aldo! Tony always slept on the couch during those days! You would be happy to hear that Aldo is doing great on his sleep schedule! He only wakes up once throughout the night!! I love the naked butt picture- too cute!!

Unknown said...

Girl, hand in there with the teeth. I don't know what to say, except just hang in there. My twins are JUST finishing their teeth and it has almost literally pushed me over the edge! Tori does the same screaming thing at night with her teeth and it just drives us batty!